July 8, 2020
We are thankful that Grace has been able to resume Sunday morning “in-person” worship services. We are though proceeding cautiously because of ongoing concerns regarding the coronavirus and are seeking to be mindful of the health guidelines established by the CDC and our state government for religious services.
Until further notice, our Sunday morning worship service will take place at 10:00 a.m. The service will closely resemble our traditional morning worship service. We are singing a limited number of hymns and tithes and offerings can be placed in a basket when exiting the sanctuary after the service. There will be no Sunday School classes or Evening Worship. The Nursery room will be available to parents, but the Nursery will not be staffed.
As you consider whether or not to attend, please note the following:
- We have hired a commercial cleaning company to comprehensively clean and disinfect our building on a weekly basis.
- If you are ill, or if anyone in your household is ill, please do not attend. If you have certain risk factors or have any doubts about whether you are healthy enough to attend, please check with your medical provider.
- We will be recording the worship service and have it available on our website soon after the service ends.
- Face coverings are required for everyone over the age of 2. If you don’t have your own, we will provide them. Children’s sizes are available. They must be worn at all times while in the building. We recognize that this requirement might be challenging for families with young children; all we ask is that you do the best you can. If, for any reason, you are not willing to wear a face covering, or if you are unable to wear a face covering for health-related reasons, please refrain from attending at this time.
- We are seating households 10 feet apart during the service.
- Please do not gather or linger inside the building either before or after the service. Feel free to fellowship outside as comfort level permits. Parents should instruct children with regard to your family’s expectations for them once outside the building.
- Food and beverages will not be served and are not allowed.
We will continually review and assess the overall situation and be prepared to effect changes and adjustments as we think it is wise to do so. Please feel free to contact the church via phone or email if you have any questions on these matters. Thank you for your patience in this regard.
Lastly, if you think you would like to visit Grace, we welcome having you join us. While not necessary, it would be helpful if you could contact the church office ahead of time to assist us in arranging for appropriate social distancing between households.
For the Elder Board,
Pastor Jim Megchelsen